Assistant Manager - Kitchen (Seattle, WA)
KuKuRuZa Gourmet Popcorn is currently hiring for an Assistant Manager in our Kitchen!
Our assistant manager works side by side with our cooks, producing delicious gourmet popcorn varieties while gaining valuable experience in a leadership role. We are a locally owned gourmet popcorn shop with locations around the world. This position includes opportunities for training international franchisees, assisting in hiring for seasonal employees, and building a cohesive team centered on producing the best gourmet popcorn on the market.
Hours: 25 – 25 hours per week
Current Operating Hours: Tuesday – Saturday 9am – 5pm (subject to change based on company needs)
- Cook popcorn efficiently and accurately
- Assist with training and developing employees
- Create a motivating & positive work environment
- Hold team accountable to company policies and expectations; Communicate changes to policies & expectations
- Encourage employees to work together in achieving company goals
- Assist manager with 3 month performance reviews of all team members
- Be willing to work extra hours and fill shifts as needed
- Assist in maintaining kitchen productivity through effective team work, multitasking
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and organization throughout the facility
- Ensure high standard of quality in all product produced
- Manage daily checklist completion and other daily paperwork; check in with manager at the beginning and end of each shift
- Consistently show interest in gourmet foods & popcorn, seek out new information related to gourmet popcorn, and be excited to share that information with coworkers and managers
- Able to develop staff, coach and mentor them into new positions, and hold them accountable to our standards of excellence
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate good judgement and willingness to make decisions for the betterment of the team
- Able to multitask effectively
- Team focused and solution oriented
- Must be able to work in a physically demanding environment, standing, for full 8 hour shift
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds regularly
- Food handler’s permit required within 14 days of employment
- Hourly DOE
- One free bag of popcorn every shift
- Full - time employees accrue 1 week of paid sick leave each year (accrued per hour for ALL employees)
- Substantial employee discount
Shift Hours and Expectations:
- 20-35 hours per week. Weekly schedule is decided based on company needs.
- Blackout on time off requests from November 15th – December 30th.